Agreement between FAGAL and CoFiGa to improve the quality of life of elderly people, their families’ and their caregivers’
They will work together promoting research lines and early diagnosis by designing training programs for professionals, amongst other propositions
Federación Alzhéimer Galicia and the Colegio Oficial de Fisioterapeutas de Galicia (Galicia’s College of Physiotherapists) just signed an agreement which establishes a series of common objectives with the purpose of improving the quality of life of elderly people, people with dementia and their caregivers’.
The objectives are:
- Promoting joint research lines about physiotherapy in elderly people, people with neurodegenerative dementia and their caregivers.
- Promoting community physiotherapy to improve the health of elderly people, people with neurodegenerative dementia and their caregivers’ as well as early diagnosis on dementia and avoiding or getting an early diagnosis on diseases associated with these groups of people.
- Designing training programs for professional physiotherapists and caregivers for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of neurodegenerative dementia.
- Sharing information channels to promote common objectives from both entities and creating a document base to establish programs and projects in each entities’ own areas.
- Connecting the unionization and the student body of physiotherapy and the associated organization from the federation for job programs.
- Collaborating with common projects in any public field (local, autonomic, national, European) or private.